Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Halloween Gift


For almost twenty years I did a radio show for WTJU in Charlottesville, Virginia, called the Bartender's Bop. When I started doing radio for WTJU in 1981, I was employed as a bartender, thus the name of the show. The show covered the roots of rock and roll, early gospel, RnB, blues and soul music. For the past week or so I have begun transferring cassettes of old shows onto my computer as mp3s and it has given me a chance

to hear some of my old shows for the first time in a long time. One of the things I loved to do was theme shows, so if the date of my show fell near any holiday or event, I would always work hard to put together some kind of tribute. Since Halloween is just around the corner, I thought it would be nice to give you a small taste of one of my shows that was dedicated to spooky songs. Here it is for you to listen to. Don't expect to hear my voice from 25 years ago as I normally taped the music and not my commentary but you will get a feeling for my show. Enjoy the show and the pictures of some special folks from way back when, as they got ready to celebrate Halloween.

No comments: